Monday 23 May 2011

Flower Power

Was privileged to meet Donovan, the face of the 60's flower scene, at a tea party in London last week.

I reminded him that I had actually been on his staff when I was 18, having managed to get a job as cabin boy on his fabulous yacht Vagrant in Mallorca. He didn't remember this, which isn't surprising as I don't think that he was actually aware that he actually owned it at the time (it had been bought on his behalf by his manager, Alan Klein of Apple; while I was on board apart from the Klein's George Harrison was also a guest. He rode one of those French Velocette bicycles clean into the sea one night).

Donovan is performing the whole of his iconic album, Sunshine Superman, at the Royal Albert Hall on the 3rd of June, with over 30 musicians. A unique event, and I plan to be there.





No comments: